Passionate about enabling people to do more than they thought possible by showing them other probabilities. I also happen to be a teacher, Apple Education Mentor and a senior leader in a school. For more information about what I do, see my Linkedin profile. Views, as always, are my own.
Current and Upcoming Projects
- Member of the Independent Schools Council ICT Strategy Group. Advising Heads, Bursars and Senior Leaders on the strategic use of ICT in independent schools.
- Forthcoming chapter in ‘Using New Technologies to enhance teaching and learning in History‘ edited by Terry Haydn (Routledge 2012)
- Presenting at the Public Policy Exchange event ‘Revolutionising Public Sector Communications: Accelerating the Digitalisation of Public Services through Social Media‘ London, November 29th 2012
- Presenting at the Wellington College ‘Elearning; Elibraries‘ conference, December 7th 2012
- Teaching, Assessment and Learning Conference, Berkhamsted School, 16th March, 2013 (speakers include Alistair Smith, Professor Bill Lucas and Dr Bill Rankin)
- Organising TeachMeet SHP Conference, July 2012
- ‘Effective history teaching using mobile devices’ at the National Schools History Project Conference, July 2012
- Keynote at the Hurstpierpoint College Learning and Teaching Conference, June 2012
- Speaking at the Sunday Times/Wellington College Festival of Education conference, Wellington College, June 2012
- Keynote address on strategic ICT in schools at the Eastleigh Consortium seminar, May 2012
- Leading Inset at Wellingborough School on ICT (effective use of ICT, mobile learning and Google Apps), March, 2012
- Speaker at the Apple Leadership Event for Independent Schools, Berkhamsted School, March 2012
- Presenting at Learning Without Frontiers conference with the GSMA and a session on technology in schools today (25/26th January 2012)
- Presenting at the annual Independent Schools Council ICT Strategy Conference 7th December 2011
- iPad Training session with the MFL Department, Honywood School, Essex (1st November, 2011)
- ‘Thinking Mobile’ presentation at the Apple/Toucan ‘Teach Mobile, Manage Mobile’ event at ACS Cobham International, 17th May 2011
- Developing a pedagogy of ICT in RE – from substitution to transformation’ Faculty of Education, University of Cambridge, January 11th 2011
- Micro presentation on the Felsted Mobile Learning Project, Toucan Computing Mobile Learning Briefing, Apple HQ, London, July 7th, 2011
- Chairing TeachMeet: SHP Edition at the National Schools History Project Conference, July 3 2010.
- National Schools History Project Conference, July 2-4 2010 – ‘The boy in the Nazi jumper’. This workshop will explore the life of Hans J Massaquoi and how his story can be used to provide a scaffold for an enquiry fusing traditional literacy skills and web 2.0 technology. You will discover how to engage and prepare learners for examination courses by going beyond specifications and using ‘narrative’ writing.
- E-Learning consultancy with SHP and Hodder Education.
- ‘Technology in History education: moving from 1.0 to 2.0′ EUROCLIO conference in Turkey, March 12-14 2010 with Doug Belshaw.
- ‘Developing approaches to teaching change and continuity‘, Faculty of Education, University of Cambridge, 22nd June 2009.
- ‘Technology, Culture and Politics: thinking about China in a globalised world‘ – Theory of Knowledge International Conference, ‘The Growth of Asia in World Affairs’, Felsted School
- National Schools History Project Conference 2008 – Skype Captain and the World of Tomorrow: using new technologies to promote collaboration beyond the classroom with Doug Belshaw.
- National Schools History Project Conference 2007 – Using podcasts, blogs, wikis and new media to solve learning problems with Doug Belshaw.